Looking to brighten up your eating plan? Eating foods the color of the rainbow each and every day is an excellent way to get the nutrition your body needs. And, there’s no better way to achieve this than with raspberries…
- raspberries are one of the lowest sugar-containing fruits you can eat, so ideal for those with Type 2 diabetes looking to manage their blood sugar levels.
- raspberries are also very high in fiber, so will help to stabilize your blood sugar and can also provide an excellent way to keep your cholesterol levels in check.
Let’s go over a few of the benefits about raspberries so you can see why this fruit is a must-have in your diabetic eating plan…
1. They May Help Enhance Fat Metabolism. Want an extra boost to your fat burning potential? Consider raspberries. Researchers have found a particular phytonutrient found in raspberries called rheosmin is especially beneficial for enhancing the level of fat metabolism taking place in the cell. By indulging in a few raspberries, you may increase the amount of your body’s fat burning.
2. Decreased Oxidative Stress. One of the most compelling benefits of raspberries is the fact they can help lower oxidative stress in your body. Each day we encounter oxidative stress, often from our environment or from toxins found in foods or different chemicals we come into contact with, and this can increase our risk factor for cancer and disease.
Raspberries have been shown to help lower the incidence rates of particular types of cancer including…
- breast cancer,
- cervical cancer,
- colon cancer,
- esophageal cancer, and
- prostate cancer.
3. Improved Blood Sugar Regulation. Another compound raspberries have, is adiponectin. Adiponectin is known to help with balancing blood sugar levels and blood fats in the body. It may also contribute to improving insulin regulation in those with Type 2 diabetes and could also potentially help to negate the harmful effects of insulin resistance due to carrying around excess body weight.
So in essence, if you are currently working on losing body weight and want to manage your blood sugar levels, raspberries are a must-have for success.
4. Brain Boosting Benefits. Finally, raspberries may also help to boost your brain power as well. Those who consume raspberries as part of their regular eating plan may show improved memory while also delaying the cognitive decline many people experience with aging.
While blueberries are commonly regarded as the brain boosting berry, don’t overlook what raspberries have to offer.
Keep these points in mind and next time you are in the grocery store, consider adding raspberries to your cart.
Although managing your disease can be very challenging, Type 2 diabetes is not a condition you must just live with. You can make simple changes to your daily routine and lower both your weight and your blood sugar levels. Hang in there, the longer you do it, the easier it gets.